- FERRUM PHOS OR IRON PHOSPHATE
Main Indication: The Oxygen Carrier
Inner Connection/ Connection to JOI – Life
Oxygen is the most valuable element on the planet, and is needed in order for life to thrive. The blood is the river of life in the human body, and carries this oxygen.
Blood is to the human body, in its most healthy state, oxygenated and alive. Our spirit is healthy similarly, when we feed it the energy of self-love and allow it our individual expression.
It is our natural state to truly thrive in abundance, creativity, Joy and health. We can connect easily to our spirit through our breath, sending it self-love and at the same time feeding our body, with oxygen.
To live and thrive, is to express our individual essence or spark that makes us the unique particle that we have always been. While at the same time, as we truly express that spark, we are naturally a part of, and completing the whole; living, moving and expressing with and through the river of life.
Ferrum Phos is the oxygen carrier and feeds the river of life running through our body.
The first cell salt we will talk about is ferrum phos, or Iron phosphate. It is the oxygen carrier. Ferrum phos is used often, and in every acute situation. It allows for increased hemoglobin, the carrier for oxygen, and restores the deepest essence needed for life.
There are 4 main indications for using ferrum phos, these are as follows:
- At the first sign of a cold, flu or a fever.
- Whenever there is any sign of acute inflammation.
- Because of its main indication as an oxygen carrier, it helps fight infection.
- It builds blood. IRON is a part of hemoglobin, and the cell salt ferrum phos safely aids in the right balance of iron, and therefore Oxygen.
1. Think of it FIRST …To be taken at first signs of a cold, cough, sore throat, flu, or fever. I always tell my patients to take Ferrum Phos combined with calc phos at the beginning of any cold, flu or fever. This is how you will use it the MOST. And you will use it often. 80 percent of the time a cold, cough, or sore throat can be aborted in the beginning stages, never to return.
IF there are other symptoms (like a cough or sore throat) one can combine with other tissue salts, as I will explain in a bit.
Some more examples of its use, along with the early stages of colds, flus, fevers, sore throats, are;
pneumonia, Conjunctivitis, Earaches, (especially non-specific inflammation of the eardrum). Teethings, and gum inflammation, …think of it first, at the first sign of any infection.
2. Think ACUTE;
Ferrum Phos should be taken whenever there are signs of ACUTE inflammation.
The cardinal signs for inflammation are…Heat, Redness, Swelling, and Pain.
(As seen in first signs of a cold or flu)…but Ferrum Phos is also useful in reducing inflammation in all tissues of the body; it is therefore valuable as a first aid remedy. Whenever there is trauma and inflammation of any kind, ferrum phos should be taken as soon as possible.
Some examples are; immediately after a broken bone, a sprain, torn ligaments, a car accident, a fall, a head injury or even just after a work out when you are experiencing sore muscles.
You can combine it with the homeopathic remedy arnica, and see the body heal very quickly.
3. Think Oxygen;
Since it is a part of hemoglobin, Ferr Phos helps to carry oxygen more efficiently throughout the body; this in turn helps fight ALL infections. Infection thrives in an oxygen-depleted state. Therefore if one increases oxygen, it reduces the ability of the infection to thrive. It therefore helps recovery from infectious disease or any depleted state. Fatigue and tiredness and loss of vitality are often the presenting symptoms.
Because of its ability to increase oxygen, it is also a good remedy for all athletes, including athletes of the four-legged variety. The following is a comment from a racehorse owner during one of Robin Murphy’s lectures “Ferrum Phos is one of the best lung remedies and oxygen builders – every race horse that I have used it with, improved in performance, and there was reduced damage to the lungs”.
4. Finally think BLOOD;
Ferrum is IRON, so it is indicated when one needs to build iron stores in blood, in a safe way without worry of taking too much iron, or having iron build plaque in arteries or veins. It also aids in the absorption of iron from food and other supplements, if needed.
Ferr. Phos improves iron stores, this in turn helps the blood to carry oxygen; it therefore helps to rebuild iron in blood and all related conditions.
Anemia occurs when you have a level of red blood cells in your blood that is lower than normal. Iron deficiency anemia is the most common type of anemia, and it occurs when your body doesn’t have enough of the mineral iron. Your body needs iron to make a protein called hemoglobin. This protein is responsible for carrying oxygen to your body’s tissues, which is essential for your tissues and muscles to function effectively. When there isn’t enough iron in your blood stream, the rest of your body can’t get the amount of oxygen it needs.
It would depend on the severity of the iron deficiency as to whether I would suggest taking ferrum phos on its own or suggest using it to help aid absorption of a plant based iron supplement. It can be used on its own when the condition is mild or when one wants to maintain healthy iron levels, in a safe way. If levels are severely low I suggest taking it regularly, along with an iron supplement. A plant based iron supplement will avoid the unwanted complication of constipation, and the iron is assimilated well, avoiding build up. The two combined act synergistically and improvement is rapid.
Anemia is one of ferrum phos’s main uses. So it is helpful if you are diagnosed with low iron, or anemia at any time. Including anemia after surgery, or loss of blood in any situation, such as;
- Loss of blood from nosebleeds,
- Heavy menstrual periods,
- Internal hemorrhaging.
- It is also good to help build iron and/or hemoglobin in pregnancy.
- It should also be thought of if External bleeding cannot be stopped, the bleeding could be slowed, by sprinkling the powdered salt on the wound.
In summary its main uses are:
- It represents Life, blood being the river of life in our bodies, as it is the Oxygen carrier.
- At the first sign of a cold, flu or fever (in combination with calc phos).
- The early stages of any acute.
- During any acute inflammation (a sprain, strain, sore muscles, or broken bone).
- It increases oxygen; therefore it helps fight all infection.
- It increases oxygen, therefore helpful in endurance and athletics.
- It improves Iron stores in blood, and therefore increases Oxygen transportation.
For more information: