4. NAT MUR OR SODIUM CHLORIDE
Main Indication: A water or fluid balancer
Inner Connection/ Connection to JOI – Supportive Energy Fields
Nat Mur is the tissue salt most connected to water. Our bodies are quite fluid in nature, and water is the best conductor of energy. Therefore proper fluids mean that we can properly connect to the many Supportive Energy fields that are available to us, from Mother Earth, from our own highest essence and from the very vibration of Love. The proper balance of water simple makes us better conductors.
Sodium is one of the most important electrolytes in the blood. It helps keep the amount of fluid inside and outside of our cells in balance. It also helps maintain proper blood volume, therefore it aids in keeping a healthy blood pressure, and it helps maintain a proper ph of body fluids.
There are several electrolytes present in the extracellular fluid, which aid in the exchange of water between cells and maintain a fluid balance in the process. Sodium is predominant among them. It is crucial to transmit messages via nerve impulse through nerves and aid in muscle contraction as the same time.
Several undesirable conditions like confusion and lethargy arise with a change in the concentration of sodium in the brain, thus preventing the brain from working properly. Sodium is equally responsible for a healthy heart and blood pressure by maintaining the right amount of fluid in the blood/body.
An optimal pH balance is essential for executing several physiological functions and keeping one healthy.
Apart from taking care of your physiology, sodium can also boost your beauty quotient by getting rid of the free radicals and slowing down the aging process.
1. NAT MUR is most beneficial in the maintenance and proper functioning of body fluids.
Because it is the water or fluid balancer…. dryness is a strong clue, that one may need the remedy. You may see dry membranes, or discharges that are thick gluey and white. Dry irritated eyes, dry skin, dry urinary and vaginal surfaces, dryness of the mouth accompanied by thirst and dry lips (often cracked), hang nails, dry nose or throat, loss of taste or smell and or dry constipation.
2. Similarly it is used when too much fluid is the problem, as in high blood pressure, edema, watery eyes, or diarrhea. If the ankles are swollen during pregnancy (or at other time), at this time the body is indicating it is having trouble with eliminating water.
3. Because it is the fluid balancer, I often use Nat Mur to regulate either constipation or Diarrhea, constipation when there is too much dryness, or Diarrhea when there is too much loss of fluid. Both respond really well to the cell salt Nat Mur.
4. NAT MUR can also be used in times of grief, especially when pain is tucked away but coming back to haunt at night. In the homeopathic form it is also often used in times of grief. I find it interesting that tears are a saline salt solution. Any of these symptoms begin with a significant loss, of a loved one, a dream, a job…especially if not mourned or completely healed causing insomnia and or headaches.
In summary some of the uses are:
- To keep us connected to the supportive energy fields available to us, as water is a natural conductor.
- Too much fluid as seen in: Oedema, puffy eyes, hay fever, Water retention, high blood pressure
- Too little fluid as seen in: Dry skin/nails, hang nails
- Constipation / diarrhoea
- Dry nose, or throat, excessive thirst.
- Loss of taste or smell
- It is a Major emotional grief remedy.
- PMS/Menopause symptoms.
- Slow digestion with heartburn.
- Cold sores
For more information: